Six years ago, we started a tradition of kidnapping for 40th birthdays! My oldest sister was awoken and told to get ready for a day at the beach. It was so much fun!
We wish there would have been an occasion three years ago…because that would mean that Lynnae was still with us…but that of course was not to be.
Yesterday, we walked in on Gerrene, who was having her devotions, at 6:45AM and told her she has till 7:30 to be ready for a day of shopping in Philly. Oh, we had a fun day! Lots of laughs, the Cheesecake Factory, Ikea, fabric shopping…
My day was not conducive to blogging, but here are the past two days of gifts…
June 12 – Three Gifts Full
- My full coffee cup…Ah, I do love me a good cup of coffee in the morning!
- My full arms…Although our children are one of my greatest sources of stress, they’re also one of the greatest sources of blessing!
- My full fridge…Yes, it’s dirty. Yes, some of the food is growing fuzzy stuff. But we never go hungry!
June 13 – Three Gifts Smelled
- My favorite Bath and Body perfume…Forever Red!
- Fresh Laundry…I had two enormous blankets that needed to be washed but don’t fit in my machine. Last night I was in a laundromat for I think the first time in my life. I love the smell of hot dryers, fabric softener, and detergent!
- My crock-pot supper…When I walked in the door at 5:15PM, the house smelled so good from the Swiss Steak that had been cooking all day!
Today I’m looking for just one gift…unexpected, unwanted and unlikely. Today I choose joy!